For over 25 years, we’ve been disrupting the bicycle industry – designing innovative bikes, saddles, apparel and accessories that fit mobilized women who believe their wheels are their wings and that pure performance and feminine style can ride in tandem. We are 100% dedicated to making cycling a more comfortable experience for all women.
As cyclists, we’re part of an illustrious sisterhood of athletes and adventurers. We ride through wind and rain. We sweat. We dream. We discover. We push ourselves to and past our limits. We take each day and ride it to its fullest. We’re refugees from the corporate world joined together by a love for cycling and life balance.
Because we believe in the transformational power of cycling, we’re not just about selling products but helping you to be the best cyclist you’re capable of being. We offer educational videos, support all kinds of cycling and charity events, award bicycles to inspirational riders through our RIDE IT FORWARD grant program and are driven to one mission:
Thanks for riding with us.
Terry Bicycles History – A Timeline
• Georgena Terry introduces hand-built, women-specific bicycles to the US, encouraging women to “have a fit”.
• Terry introduces women-specific bike apparel.
• Women’s Sport saddle designed to respond to female cyclists’ requests for more comfortable bike seats.
• 1st saddle patent.
• Georgena Terry named one of 4 cycling pioneers by Bicycling magazine.
• Women’s Liberator introduced.
• First consumer mailorder catalog sent.
• Men’s Liberator introduced. A stunning 50,000 units sold.
• Patent received on Liberator design. Terry buys GKA (girls kick ass) and introduces skorts for cycling.
• Men’s Liberator becomes best selling Terry product.
• Terry begins sponsorship of pro women’s road racing team, focusing on developing young female riders.
• Italian Fly and Butterfly saddles introduced.
• Georgena named one of 11 cycling innovators by Outside Magazine. She’s the only woman recognized.
• Company celebrates 6 years of double-digit sales growth.
• Fly Ti named best saddle for men by Outside magazine.
• Terry awarded Marketer of the Year by Direct Marketing Association of New York.
• Terry Firefly saddle selected Editor’s Choice, Bicycling.
• Terry profiled on NPR and donates thousands of dollars to breast cancer research and to grassland conservation efforts.
• Terry Bella Shorts named Bicycling magazine’s Editor’s Choice, its first year in the market.
• Terry holds first Wild Goose Chase women’s benefit ride along Maryland’s Eastern Shore.
• Fly and Butterfly sales top 100,000.
• Terry sells majority interest to Elisabeth Robert, former CEO of Vermont Teddy Bear.
• Women’s Falcon saddle named Bicycling magazine’s Editor’s Choice.
• Company moves to cycling hub of Burlington, Vermont.
• JDK Design partnership infuses Terry with new brand and creative energy.
• Advanced Sports International licenses Terry bikes and works with Georgena Terry to introduce a line of ready-to-ride bicycles to a broader market.
• Georgena Terry receives OIWC Pioneering Woman award.
• Terry launches RIDE IT FORWARD bicycle grant program, inspiring women to ride, one bike at a time.
• Women's FLX Gel saddle wins Bicycling Magazine's Saddle Shoot Out.
• Breakaway short named Bicycling magazine’s Editor’s Choice.